What is the default username and password for PHPMyAdmin? Also, did I install this right if I extracted the zip file from the download, and then plopped the folder onto my PHP compatible web server? Or did I do something wrong?
Let’s consider the default user and documentroot of apache:
/var/www/htdocs user apache
What steps do i need to install phpmyadmin ?
- Download the source file
- Untar or Unzip the file
tar -zxvf phpMyAdmin-3.3.7-english.tar.gz
- To simplify changed the ugly directory name to phpmyadmin
mv phpMyAdmin-3.3.7-english phpmyadmin
- Change the owner recursively to all files within it
chown -R apache.apache phpmyadmin
- Move the folder to our DocumentRoot directory
mv phpmyadmin /var/www/htdocs/
Congratulation you have completed the first stage!
What steps do i need to configure the installed phpmyadmin ?
- Enter the phpmyadmin directory
- Rename the configuration file
mv config.sample.inc.php config.inc.php
- Open the configuration file on your preferable editor
- Edit the line
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '';with some random password or w/e you want
- Now you can login with your MySQL user or with your root MySQL user.
Congratulation you have completed the last stage!
BONUS STAGE: To create a database within your MySQL server:
mysql -uroot -pcreate database DATABASE_NAME_HERE;grant all privileges on DATABASE_NAME_HERE.* to 'USERNAME_YOU_WANT_TO_USE_HERE'@'%' identified by 'PASSWORD_FOR_THIS_USERNAME_HERE';FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Congratulation you have cleared it all!